Many are anxiously waiting for us to help them launch a Bible translation. They are prepared by God to enter the intense battle—doing the work of translating the Bible into their own languages.
Will you consider being their intercessor—to diligently pray for them?
We are looking for volunteers to form a team of dedicated Prayer Warriors. The Prayer Warriors will adopt a language group and will commit to pray for that particular group throughout the entire Bible translation process. Prayer is needed for every part of Bible translation: preparation and dedication to the work, attending events to learn translation methods, and strength and wisdom to complete the entire task. Even after the Bible translation is complete, we need the Prayer Warriors to pray that the Word will grow in the hearts of their adopted language group.
Here is how you can prepare:
- Learn about Bible Translation methods by taking one of our WAVE classes either online or in Orlando. The class explaining our MAST process and the Spiritual Discipline classes on prayer and spiritual warfare would be good places to start.
- Use the Spiritual Warfare Toolbox to prepare your heart and mind for your battle in prayer.
- Use the Prayer Warrior Framework to guide you as you pray.
- Use Tools and Resources available to you to share with the team you are gathering to help them learn more about WA and what God is doing with Bible Translation around the world.
- Plan to gather stories and pictures that you can share with us while you are on the event.
The role of the people traveling to the event:
- Use the checklist to help you prepare for your travel and consult the regional information for more details.
- Follow the WhatsApp Instructions and be sure it is working before you leave the US.
- Arrive before the event starts to meet the leadership team and be orientated on what will be taking place.
- Join the translation team for a time of corporate worship each morning. You may even get asked to help lead the devotions one of these mornings.
- Pray over the event and over each person at the event throughout the day. Gather specific requests and share them with your team back home so they can faithfully cover the event in prayer as well.
- You may eat your meals with the translation team and will have a recap each evening with the leadership team there to hear the progress that is being made.
- Interact and get to know the translators and/or the national facilitators. Find the best ways to stay in touch so that you can continue to gather requests after you leave. This will allow you to follow their progress and continue to be the point person for you team of prayer warriors. We need to cover them in prayer, praying for specific needs and requests that they have.
A Final Word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:10-18 NLT