Prayer and Fasting Framework
A Bible in Every Language by 2025.
Wycliffe Associates accelerates Bible translation around the world by empowering national translations and equipping the local church to translate God's Word into every language by 2025.
"The local body of Christ is the best judge of Bible translation quality in their language."
We are excited that you are joining us in fasting and praying for and during the translation event so that we bind everything in the spirit realm from hindering the work of God, and loose forth his Divine plans and purpose for this work.
Here is a framework to help you get started:
With Prayer Warriors before you leave: 2 Chronicles 7:14; Ephesians 6:10-18; Revelation 7:9-12
- Operation World will give you an overview of the country and highlights of prayer needs.
- Prayercast will fill in additional details and lead you in a prayer for the nation you will be travelling to.
- Pray specifically for the team that God will bring together. Pray for the right team to be formed both for leadership and for translators. There is a great opposition to what will be accomplished and each of those preparing to go will feel it.
Travel Days: Ezra 8:21-23; Psalm 91:1-16; Isaiah 54:17; Luke 12:29-31
- Seek God for safety and protections as each person travels to the event. Pray that there are no delays in flight schedules, no problems with the aircraft and that every plan and purpose God has for this translation event will come to pass in a mighty way. Pray also for safety and protection during any overnight stays and that all will go well with no accidents or traffic delays. Pray that no luggage will be lost and any equipment will be protected and have no problems getting through customs.
- Pray for the translators who also usually have to travel to the location and often have many challenges and obstacles to overcome to get there. Pray for good weather, safety, and that each person can get away from all of their other many responsibilities. Pray for protection for the families and the villages they leave behind.
- Pray that each person God directs to be part of this will trust God to provide for them in this endeavor.
Orientation/Intro days: Psalm 34:1-22; Isaiah 41:1-10; Matthew 17:10; Colossians 3:10
The leaders will arrive first. Meet each person and learn about specific ways you can pray for each one.
- Pray for the leaders to have discernment as they put together the different teams and set up the event.
- Pray for courage as many feel inadequate and overwhelmed with the huge task being undertaken.
- Pray for God's wisdom and knowledge to fill each person's mind.
- Pray for each one to understand their role and quickly learn the technology and the process.
First days of translation work: Romans 12:1-22; Ephesians 4:1-6; Philippians 4:4-13; 1 Peter 2:1-3
Take time to pray over each translator.
- Pray for each to have an open heart and mind to what God wants to teach them.
- Pray for good team work and unity amongst the group.
- Pray for God to remove any other distractions that will come their way as they work.
Persevering: Proverbs 22:29; Matthew 4:23; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5; 2 Timothy 1:6-7
Be sure to be regularly sharing prayer needs with your prayer team back home.
- Pray for God's Word to speak clearly to their hearts as they meditate on their different passages.
- Pray for physical health for each person as they continue to work.
Reaching Goals: Psalm 121:1-8; Isaiah 55:8-11; 2 Corinthians 5:17
Journal things the Lord brings to your mind to help you remember each person and ways you can continue to uphold them in prayer.
- Pray that each person will continue to depend on God's leading.
- Pray that each person will allow their own desires to be molded into God's will.
Wrap Up: Daniel 10:12-13; Matthew 6:24-34; Matthew 17:20; 2 Timothy 4:1-5
Take note of goals and visions for the future and pray over them specifically.
- Pray that the teams will be given clear direction for future goals.
- Pray that each person can rearrange their lives to make translation a priority.
- Pray for victory over the enemy as they take back his territory.
Travel Home: Psalm 119:9-16; Jeremiah 29:11; Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-18; 2 Timothy 4:1-5
- Pray that the words translated will forever change their lives.
- Pray that no matter what trials come their way, that they will persevere and trust God.
- Pray that they will not be able to keep the new things God has taught them to themselves.
- Pray for God's protection and safety for the teams as they return to their homes.
- Pray for the team returning to the US that there are no delays in flight schedules and no problems with the aircraft.
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. 2 Thessalonians 3: 1-2 NLT