Pacific Prayer Updates
We give ownership of the translation work to the church. Regular updates are not always readily available from the field due to different situations. Below is the most up-to-date information we have on translation projects based on the information communicated from the field:
|Translation Projects Aiming To Start||232|
|Translation Projects In Progress||318|
|Recently Added To Translation Projects In Progress|| 2 Written Bible's
|Translation Projects Completed||31|
Because “All Scripture” is so important let’s focus our prayers together to:
- Pray for the language groups who have been waiting for decades for the Old Testament to be translated for them.
- Pray that they will be empowered by God and equipped with MAST training and technology to do the hard work of translating the Old Testament.
- Please pray for MAST leaders, facilitators, Bible scholars, and prayer warriors to be enabled by God to effectively train and lead the national Bible translators in their translation work.
- Pray that God will put a hedge of protection around every MAST workshop, even as translated Scripture is making inroads into Satan’s territory.
- Pray for the seemingly impossible task of translating the massive Old Testament. Ask God to build the teams’ courage and strength to complete the entire Bible in their local languages.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit moves among the translation teams to make them cohesive, confident, and effective in their translation work.
- Pray that every translation is accurate, easy to understand, and used to train the people of God so that they will be equipped for every good work.
- Our teams reported to us regarding COVID-19 that, “The big challenges ahead of us right now are trying to find ways to continue accelerating Bible translation. Travel bans are impacting our teams globally now."
- Please pray fervently that God will make the path straight to every Bible translation event taking place right now, and in the coming weeks and months. Pray for protection and good health for everyone involved in Ministry of Bible translation.
Two tribes in PNG from villages that have been in a tribal conflict came to it’s culmination in early March. As fighting broke out six people died. Many houses were burned to the ground and much property was destroyed. As our team in PNG prayed for these communities and the upcoming event - the tribes reached peace by traditional means and decided that people from each tribe would be willing to come to a MAST event with one another to start their New Testament projects and allow this event to mark a transition in the lives of their communities.
To pray for specific upcoming events in the Pacific please click on this link https://resources.wycliffeassociates.org/opportunities/mast-overview/pacific-events/.