Last updated: 11/8/2017
- If you are not a US citizen, you will need to ask for an American visa because Puerto Rico is an American territory. You can apply for a Tourist Visa that is B-2.
- Travel with at least one 2x2 passport photo
- You will be required to have a local name and address for each trip. your team leader can give you this information.
- Keep this information with you when you travel. You will need it to pass through immigration at the airport.
- No shots or immunizations are required to travel to Puerto Rico
- You are encouraged to visit www.cdc.gov for the most up to date travel info
- For Men:
- Polo or button up shirts. Some churches will require a jacket or long-sleeved shirt with a tie, if you are going to preach
- Khaki's, cargo pants, or jeans are all acceptable
- Wear comfortable shoes. tennis shoes, sandals, and loafers are all common
- For Women:
- It is common to wear jeans or slacks, dresses or long skirts
- Tops with short sleeves will be better because of the warm temperature and they are acceptable anywhere
- Bring comfortable shoes: sandals or flip flops. Tennis shoes are acceptable for women, too
- Closed-toe shoes are acceptable and you will want them in cooler weather months
- Make sure to check the local weather before you travel!
Things To Bring:
- Refillable water purification bottle (water will also be available for purchase)
- Bug Spray
- Snacks (protein bars, trail mix, candy bars, etc.)
- Have a copy of your itinerary for your return flight (with your name on it) and a copy of your travel insurance paperwork easily accessible (especially when travelling)