South Africa/Americas Prayer Updates
We give ownership of the translation work to the church. Regular updates are not always readily available from the field due to different situations. Below is the most up-to-date information we have on translation projects based on the information communicated from the field:
|Translation Projects Aiming To Start||22|
|Translation Projects In Progress||69|
|Recently Added To Translation Projects In Progress||1 Audio NT and 2 Written NT|
|Translation Projects Completed||2|
Because “All Scripture” is so important let’s focus our prayers together to:
- Pray for the language groups who have been waiting for decades for the Old Testament to be translated for them.
- Pray that they will be empowered by God and equipped with MAST training and technology to do the hard work of translating the Old Testament.
- Please pray for MAST leaders, facilitators, Bible scholars, and prayer warriors to be enabled by God to effectively train and lead the national Bible translators in their translation work.
- Pray that God will put a hedge of protection around every MAST workshop, even as translated Scripture is making inroads into Satan’s territory.
- Pray for the seemingly impossible task of translating the massive Old Testament. Ask God to build the teams’ courage and strength to complete the entire Bible in their local languages.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit moves among the translation teams to make them cohesive, confident, and effective in their translation work.
- Pray that every translation is accurate, easy to understand, and used to train the people of God so that they will be equipped for every good work.
- Vice President of Operations, Brent Ropp reported to us regarding COVID-19 that, “The big challenges ahead of us right now are trying to find ways to continue accelerating Bible translation. Travel bans are impacting our teams globally now."
- Please pray fervently that God will make the path straight to every Bible translation event taking place right now, and in the coming weeks and months. Pray for protection and good health for everyone involved in Ministry of Bible translation.
An event in October wrapped four new languages with a total of 36 translators. All four languages were able to complete between 17% and 35% of the New Testament on paper. Another event is planned for November 19-29 and we expect double the number of translators. Let's pray that God moves these groups and we can see four finished New Testaments by the end of 2019.
There is another event that kicked off on October 30. There are four languages at this event with three of them being new starts and one a follow-up language. There are 26 translators at this event. Please pray that all goes well, that they understand and internalize the training, can get a lot of work done and go home motivated to continue the work at home.
Our Area Director for Spanish speaking countries recently helped one language group find an existing New Testament that is in their language that they were not aware of. Another language group appears to have a real need. We are waiting for the local church leaders to make more inquiries among the population to learn if we should proceed with a written or oral translation. Please pray for the local church leaders as they seek guidance to start a new translation.
To pray for specific events in South Africa and Americas please click on these links https://resources.wycliffeassociates.org/opportunities/mast-overview/africa-events/ and https://resources.wycliffeassociates.org/opportuniast ties/mast-overview/americas-events/.