South Africa/Americas Prayer Updates
We give ownership of the translation work to the church. Regular updates are not always readily available from the field due to different situations. Below is the most up-to-date information we have on translation projects based on the information communicated from the field:
|Translation Projects Aiming To Start||10|
|Translation Projects In Progress||66|
|Recently Added To Translation Projects In Progress||2 Video NT and 1 Written NT|
|Translation Projects Completed||3|
Because “All Scripture” is so important let’s focus our prayers together to:
- Pray for the language groups who have been waiting for decades for the Old Testament to be translated for them.
- Pray that they will be empowered by God and equipped with MAST training and technology to do the hard work of translating the Old Testament.
- Please pray for MAST leaders, facilitators, Bible scholars, and prayer warriors to be enabled by God to effectively train and lead the national Bible translators in their translation work.
- Pray that God will put a hedge of protection around every MAST workshop, even as translated Scripture is making inroads into Satan’s territory.
- Pray for the seemingly impossible task of translating the massive Old Testament. Ask God to build the teams’ courage and strength to complete the entire Bible in their local languages.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit moves among the translation teams to make them cohesive, confident, and effective in their translation work.
- Pray that every translation is accurate, easy to understand, and used to train the people of God so that they will be equipped for every good work.
- Our teams reported to us regarding COVID-19 that, “The big challenges ahead of us right now are trying to find ways to continue accelerating Bible translation. Travel bans are impacting our teams globally now."
- Please pray fervently that God will make the path straight to every Bible translation event taking place right now, and in the coming weeks and months. Pray for protection and good health for everyone involved in Ministry of Bible translation.
The teams in Southern Africa have been having some trouble with tech equipment for MAST events. The boarders are still closed, but the team has been in a good place because there are local teams in place to support every event. However, they have limited computers on-hand. Some computers were going to be sent through a shipping service, but it was outrageously expensive.
We considered sending money for them to buy locally, but quality machines aren't available in these countries and we don't have confidence the local techs could get everything downloaded and installed properly.
For now our thought is to move forward with the events and pull in the limited computers they already have in country, which is currently only 3. We feel like an event with 3 computers is still worthwhile, but not ideal. Please pray that the “loaves and fish” that we have on hand would be multiplied to support these projects.
Another prayer request is for doors to open with Native American tribes in North America to begin Bible translation.
To pray for specific events in South Africa and Americas please click on these links https://resources.wycliffeassociates.org/opportunities/mast-overview/africa-events/ and https://resources.wycliffeassociates.org/opportuniast ties/mast-overview/americas-events/.