North Africa/Eurasia/Western Europe Prayer Updates
We give ownership of the translation work to the church. Regular updates are not always readily available from the field due to different situations. Below is the most up-to-date information we have on translation projects based on the information communicated from the field:
|Translation Projects Aiming To Start||17|
|Translation Projects In Progress||232|
|Recently Added To Translation Projects In Progress||10 Oral NT, 27 Written NT and 33 Written OT|
|Translation Projects Completed||178|
Because “All Scripture” is so important let’s focus our prayers together to:
- Pray for the language groups who have been waiting for decades for the Old Testament to be translated for them.
- Pray that they will be empowered by God and equipped with MAST training and technology to do the hard work of translating the Old Testament.
- Please pray for MAST leaders, facilitators, Bible scholars, and prayer warriors to be enabled by God to effectively train and lead the national Bible translators in their translation work.
- Pray that God will put a hedge of protection around every MAST workshop, even as translated Scripture is making inroads into Satan’s territory.
- Pray for the seemingly impossible task of translating the massive Old Testament. Ask God to build the teams’ courage and strength to complete the entire Bible in their local languages.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit moves among the translation teams to make them cohesive, confident, and effective in their translation work.
- Pray that every translation is accurate, easy to understand, and used to train the people of God so that they will be equipped for every good work.
- Our teams reported to us regarding COVID-19 that, “The big challenges ahead of us right now are trying to find ways to continue accelerating Bible translation. Travel bans are impacting our teams globally now."
- Please pray fervently that God will make the path straight to every Bible translation event taking place right now, and in the coming weeks and months. Pray for protection and good health for everyone involved in Ministry of Bible translation.
Recently, a Wycliffe Associates partner in the Democratic Republic of The Congo was forced to cancel numerous translation events due to the COVD-19 pandemic.
Our Wycliffe Associates partner, led by Bishop H, has started over 50 new language translations since 2016 and had many more scheduled when everything, including church services, came to a halt. With over 300 churches to serve, Bishop H could not stand by when hope in Christ was needed more than ever.
The Bishop responded by purchasing a radio transmitter and broadcasting the Gospel message in 9 languages to multiple churches. Four of the languages currently being broadcast completed their New Testament translations through partnership with Wycliffe Associates.
Bishop H now plans to broadcast Wycliffe Associates' new translation training tool, RADIO, using the transmitter. The RADIO program teaches the MAST translation method through a series of radio shows. It gives National Translators from around the region an opportunity to experience Bible translation in their mother tongue for the very first time!
An event in Togo was completed recently. Two of the teams were able to complete not only drafting of their New Testaments, but they were able to get 100% of the projects typed and uploaded! This is a huge answer to prayer because typing is often a huge obstacle in West Africa. The translation teams started their project in December of 2019 and have diligently translated the NT while they have been stuck at home throughout COVID-19 restrictions.
We also ask for prayers in European countries - where our teams have been talking to their networks with some leads in Spain and Italy, but nothing has formalized yet.
To pray for specific events in North Africa and Eurasia please click on these links https://resources.wycliffeassociates.org/opportunities/mast-overview/africa-events/ and https://resources.wycliffeassociates.org/opportunities/mast-overview/eurasia-events/